Saturday, October 29, 2011

Finished Dovetailed Tray

I posted a project on here awhile ago about a Tea Tray with hand cut dovetails. Well, this project, as did the last one, didn't get finished until just the other day. As I noted in this project's original post, It is made from cherry and features my first hand cut dovetails. Here's a couple of pics of the finished project.

 It was finished with some Minwax stain and polyurethane. Some minor blotching did occur, which could have been fixed if I had conditioned the wood beforehand, but, we live and learn!

The bottom is made out of a scrap of luan flooring, but the color turned out great and it finished nice, so who cares!


                                          Have a nice day, and thanks for reading my post!

No comments:

Post a Comment